Sunday, July 7, 2013

Winner of the "Why I love America" Contest

Everyone had some very good comments to share, but my choice was the one by Jeff Salter. Take it away, Jeff:

 

Yes, I love America. Despite all its flaws, the awful things that some of our leaders have done, the criminal acts of some of our citizens --- there is no other nation with as many freedoms, or as much prosperity, as we have here in the U.S.
 



In America, I don't fear the military and I don't fear the police. I know they're not the answer to all our problems, but I figure they contribute to our welfare more than the scattered abuses you read about.

I love American "first responders" who will rush into danger to help out citizens in peril. I love America's teachers, who work for (comparatively) low wages to impart wisdom and learning to new generations.



I love that no other nation has people trying to get INTO it ... but plenty of other nations have people trying to get OUT.

 

God bless the USA.



  photos from GoogleImages


Just found out Jeff has a couple of patriot books over at Amazon. I'm off right now to get them. Also check out his web site at http://fourfoxesonehound.wordpress.com/2013/07/04/freedom-and-independence/

4 comments:

Rita Monette, Writer said...

Great post, Jeff. Email me at frmonette@yahoo.com for your prize.

Sharon Ledwith said...

Congrats, Jeff! I can hardly wait for the movie! Right, Rita? Uh, Rita...

Jeff Salter said...

What a wonderful surprise to find that you've reposted my comment on your blog the other day.
Thanks! If I'd known, I would have tried to sound more sophisticated. LOL.
And thanks for the promo of my novel and short companion piece to that novel. Called to Arms Again is truly the book of my heart and honors the generation of my parents, aunts/uncles, most of my teachers, my pastors, and many other strong positive influences o my life.

Rita Monette, Writer said...

Jeff, I hadn't planned on doing a post, but your comments were so inspiring, I just had to do it. It wasn't until I was trying to find your contact information to let you know you won that I found your books. Then I just had to buy them. See what you did?