Friday, October 12, 2012

The Legend of Ghost Dog Island-Cover Reveal

It's finally here!  The cover art for The Legend of Ghost Dog Island.

The talented Kelly Shorten, from Musa Publishing, has done it again. She captured the essence of Ghost Dog Island perfectly. And here it is!!! What do you think? I'd love to hear your comments.



About Ghost Dog Island
 
Moving is nothing new for ten-year-old Nikki Landry. Her fisherman father relocates their raggedy old houseboat several times a year in search of better crab fishing spots. However, their latest move has brought her to a mysterious bayou, where she feels like something is watching her from a nearby island. But when Papa tells her about a local legend that something sinister might be living nearby and stealing the souls of dogs, she fears for her beloved beagle’s life. Join Nikki as she seeks to discover the truth behind the legend…before it’s too late.

Book is due out November 16!  Will post links when available.

17 comments:

Anna said...

I notice the Euterpe stamp works well for this cover, lending a bit of creepiness to it because of its color and placement.

Rita Monette, Writer said...

I thought so too, Anna. Thanks for stopping by!

alienor33 said...

I agree with Anna. The eye is drawn to the cover art rather than the logo which is what often happens with a large elaborate stamp. I like it.
Jane

Patricia said...

Oooooh, great cover. Cool blurb, too.
Patti

Sharon Ledwith said...

Love it, Rita! Shared and tweeted! Don't forget, if you want to do a cover reveal on my blog, I can still tie in our interview in August. Best of luck! Now the work begins!

Rita Monette, Writer said...

Thanks Jane and Patti for your comments. Hey...Patti is one of my main characters :-)

Rita Monette, Writer said...

Thanks Sharon. I'll email you.

Jennifer R. Povey said...

Nice cover. Interesting book...I'm figuring MG based off of the blurb and protagonist's age? (None of my friends have kids that age right now, sadly).

Sloane Taylor said...

I think it's FANTASTIC! Congrats, Rita!

Rita Monette, Writer said...

Thanks Jennifer. Yes, it's middle grade, but I always say it's for folks 9 and up. I read middle grade and YA all the time!

Rita Monette, Writer said...

Thank you Sloane. I am so pleased with it.

Irene Latham said...

Spooky! Congratulations!!

Rita Monette, Writer said...

Thanks Irene! And by the way...picked up a few "voice" tips from your Leaving Gees Bend. Wonderful book.

Cathriona Lafferty said...

Hi Rita,

I am nominating you in my Liebster Blog Award. Check it out here: http://poeticthoughtsbycathriona-poetry.blogspot.com.es/search/label/The%20Liebster%20Blog%20Award#.UImNwm918rA

Rita Monette, Writer said...

Thanks for the honor, Cathriona. Your blog is beautiful by the way. I will have to get busy fulfilling the requirements!

Lori said...

Congratulations and good luck on your book. It looks very interesting like a Stephen King Pet Cemetary:)
My book is my true stoy of being held captive in Iran. The discovery channel did a documentary on it two weeks ago it should air in November sometime.
My website is www.loris-song.com
and my blog is
www.lorissong.com
My book is on Amazon as well, and you can get to it thru my website. Well again Good Luck, Lori Foroozandeh

Rita Monette, Writer said...

Hey Lori. Thanks for the comment. I will check out your story and the documentary on Discover. Sounds interesting