Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Movie trailer with Movie Maker

I am so excited to present my book trailer for my upcoming book... The Legend of Ghost Dog Island.

I used Microsoft Movie Maker that came with my computer,  plugged in a few pictures my husband took of the Louisiana bayous, and got some cool sounds from Partners in Rhyme. (See ad on this site.)

I can't say it was easy as pie. It took me awhile to get the music, the sounds, and the pictures in sync, but it was worth the trouble. And best of all it was free! My next one will be much easier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB51g_CnuNE&feature=youtube_gdata


One of my illustrations in the book. Nikki Landry and her family traveling down the bayou to their new home.

4 comments:

Sandy Nachlinger said...

Nice trailer! I made mine (and several for friends) using Microsoft Movie Maker too. It was lots of fun, and a creative escape from editing my WIP. You did a great job creating yours.

Rita Monette, Writer said...

Thanks Sandy. It was frustratingly fun!!!

KC Frantzen and May the K9 Spy said...

It's really super, Rita. GREAT job!!
I don't know - frustratingly fun huh? Not sure I'm up for it quite yet, but need to do it.
Thanks for paving the way!!

Rita Monette, Writer said...

Thanks Karen. Just take lots of pictures of May doing some spy stuff, and add some music and words!